Hi there, and welcome to the Abby Dean Creative Blog. I thought my first post should give you a feel for who you’re workin’ with! [updated May 2020]
Besides being a writer and editor, I’m a lucky mom-of-two and a wife to an engineer husband. We have a witty, princess-obsessed three-year-old who keeps us on our toes and makes us laugh multiple times a day, as well as a smiley, huge-for-his-age seven-month-old who is the sweetest guy I’ve ever met. The four of us live in Webster Groves, MO, a quaint little suburb of St. Louis. (Fun fact: The photos on my website were taken at one of my favorite spots in Old Webster, a charming café called The Clover & The Bee.) Here are some quick tidbits about me…
- I grew up in: Minnesota. Go Vikings!
- I spent a lot of my childhood in: An ice rink. I figure skated competitively for 11 years. (And I miss it everyday! Fingers crossed my kids like the ice as much as I did.)
- I graduated college from: The School of Journalism at the University of Missouri.
- My first “real” job was: An assistant online editor for Mpls.St.Paul Magazine, the publication that sat on our family’s coffee table while I grew up. It was a dream job for a recent college grad!
- I’ve lived in: Minneapolis, Kansas City and St. Louis.
- I love: Writing (duh!) and branding, party planning and entertaining, yoga and running, brunch and chai lattes, exploring St. Louis and other Midwest cities, happy hour and dirty martinis, outdoor wine nights with girlfriends and a good bottle of rosé, date nights and play dates, motherhood (although, whoa, it’s hard!), Italian food and Irish music, watching Netflix, Bravo and HGTV, and running my own business from home.
- I love working with: Small businesses, entrepreneurs, women’s brands, marketing teams and publicists.
- On this blog, I will post: My current projects, copywriting and editing advice, marketing news, parenting chatter and more!
Read more about my professional background and view my complete resume on the About Me page. Have a question? Post it in the comments or visit Contact Me. Thank you for visiting the blog!
My family, Fall 2019